ABOUT RED GUM GULLY
We help to care for Red Gum Gully (officially known as Cedar Avenue Reserve) which is in the Adelaide Hills suburb of Blackwood, located about 13 kilometres (25 minutes) south of Adelaide.
The reserve entrance is between numbers 17 and 19 on Miller Terrace, Blackwood (corner Miller Terrace and Southern Avenue).
Red Gum Gully Bush Care Group acknowledges the Kaurna people as the traditional owners and custodians of this land. We respect the deep feelings of attachment and relationship of Aboriginal people to country.
1853 - Government Reserve
1857-1870 - Council pound for stray livestock in the Coromandel Valley / Belair district
1879-1884 - Water reserve on Blackwood Park Estate subdivision plan
1892-1967 - Crown Land Leases
1967 - Freehold to H.C.R. Parrott
1980 - Declared a Public Park
2000 - Red Gum Gully Our Patch Group formally established (renamed Red Gum Gully Bush Care in 2021)
Images below are of some stories and history shown on the table in the reserve.